Sunday, May 18th
9:00am – 4:00pm
(You don’t have to stay all day, any help is appreciated)
BBQ, Prizes & Challenges!
Calling all Raynham boarders, lesson students, show students & their families! We’re always working to improve the facilities here at Raynham Stables to make it a better place to ride. Here’s your chance to be a part of it!
After this particularly challenging winter, we have a ton of projects to tackle around the farm! Normally we reserve the extra Sunday in the May/June session to hold another schooling show but this year we have decided to take advantage of a day without lessons to take on as many spring clean up projects as possible! This means that there will NOT be classes this Sunday, May 18th (if you ride Sundays, as there is 9 Sundays this session, no make-up is required). The volunteer day will run 9:00am - 4:00pm but you do not need to stay all day, any help is appreciated! We hope to see many Raynham riders out to lend a hand! There will be jobs appropriate for younger students as well as parents (Dads - we're looking at you!).
- Sanding and repainting the wood stadium jumps
- Staining/painting XC jumps
- Re-paint picnic tables
- Staining the wash stalls
- Bag & label winter horse blankets for pick-up to be cleaned
- Clean up gardens and re-plant
- Set up picnic table tent
- Set up camp tents and waterproof
- Clean up branches (everywhere!!!)
- Dig out corners around dressage ring & repair railway ties around perimeter
- Finish railway ties around perimeter of stadium ring
- Rake and pick paddocks
- Trim brush around fence lines
- Fill holes in XC field and along fence lines with screenings
- And more!