Sorry for the lack of updates lately, spring is a busy time here at the farm! Lindsay, Caryn, Alex and their hard-working horses are on their way home later today and will be back sometime in the evening on Monday. Here is a video of Lindsay and Reba at Poplar Place!
The weather has turned a corner and many of the lessons have been running outside the past week. If you haven't had the chance to ride outside yet, let's keep our fingers crossed that the lovely weather holds out!
- All the forms on the website were down from sometime after March 23rd until this Friday when I found out about the error. If you submitted a lesson registration, camp registration or show entry form during this time, please re-submit. I apologize for inconvenience.
- The Show Team Clinic and meeting booked for next Saturday, April 16th will run as planned. This meeting is mandatory as you will receive your show schedule, entry forms and we will discuss fundraising. The clinic portion will run from 3:30 - 5:00pm and the meeting & BBQ will run from 5:00 - 6:30pm. Can't wait to see you all there!
- Our Spring Schooling Show will be Saturday, April 30th! We are hoping to run outdoors and will be having our annual easter egg hunt! The funds from this schooling show will be going towards purchasing a dressage ring arena (see below). We will also be running our 2nd Annual Tack Swap meet!
- The Tack Swap Meet that was originally planned to run at the same time as the meeting has been rescheduled for April 30th on the same day as our schooling show! We're hoping this date will provide warmed weather and more people to shop! Details to be posted shortly.
- We will be announcing the date for our 5th Annual Spring Volunteer Day. We've had a tremendous amount of support in the past and we'd like to again extend our thanks to everyone who has participated. Projects for this year include installing the drainage culverts for the stadium ring, fencing (it never ends!), building stalls in the drive shed, installing ease-troughs, planting flowers, painting, staining and general tidying. Whew, we definitely need your help! The sign-up sheet will be posted in the tack-up area shortly, we hope to see you all there.
See you in the barns!